Monday, August 22, 2005

Tri-State Bible Camp - Teen Week

There are several things different about the way we do camp. We stay up a little too late, we sleep in a little too long, we play a little too hard, and we are a little louder than we are supposed to be. We concentrate on kids not rules, relationships not schedules. There have been some criticisms over the years, but those of us who have been in it for the long haul have seen God do some amazing, AMAZING things.

I’ve said that with the sixteen baptisms we had last year that it was as close to Pentecost as I have ever been. Well, if that true then this year is as close to heaven as I’ve ever been. On Wednesday night at the (flashlight) campfire I sat and watched 100 campers and adults worship as I have never seen. I saw young and old lift their hearts before God not caring who was around them or what anyone else thought. I listened to several kids and adults tell the story of God working in their lives. It was a great night to be at camp.

There are other thoughts I’ve had since camp that are worth sharing.
- I don’t know how I would get through the week without Toney, Paul, and Jake.
- I thought Craig did a wonderful job of leading our hearts to God all week.
- No one broke up with Cory, which made camp a lot better.
- Caitlin is an artist; she made a couple of the lessons come alive.
- I think Russ may have had to buy a new air mattress,
- Rob Durst took our camp to a whole new technological level.
- Ross got a homecoming date.
- Steve Fox didn’t almost die, that’s a plus.
- Sergeant Travis and Private RonJon made me laugh all week.
- I love my Aunt Layna, and so does everyone else.
- We have an incredible camp staff.
- No doubt about it. God lives at camp.

Truth is, I love camp. It makes me happy just being there. It makes me happy that my wife and my child love it as much as I do. No matter what my job is, if I can still walk, you will be able to find me at a camp somewhere during the summer.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This is for Rob Durst:

You are awesome.